Ten Reasons Why Life Insurance Matters
1. Life insurance correctly planned will on premature death provide funds to deal with monies due, mortgages, and living expenses. It offers protection to the family you leave behind and serves as a cash resource.
2. It secures your hard earned estate on death by providing tax free cash which can be utilized to pay estate and death duties and to tide over business and personal expenses.
3. Life insurance can have a savings or pension component that provides for you during retirement.
4. Some policies have riders like coverage of critical illness or term insurance for the children or spouse. There are certain rules regarding eligibility for riders which you will need to determine clearly.
5. Having a valid insurance policy is considered as financial assets which improves your credit rating when you need health insurance or a home loan or business loan.
6. In case of bankruptcy, the cash value as well as death benefits of an insurance policy is exempt from creditors.
7. Life insurance can be planned such that it will cover even your funeral expenses.
8. Term life insurance has double benefits, it protects and you can get your money back during strategic points in your life.
9. Insurance protects your business from financial loss or any liabilities in case a business partner dies.
10. It can contribute towards maintaining a family’s life style when one contributing partner suddenly dies.
Insurance is vital to good financial planning and security but you would need to assess your personal risk and long term commitments. Insurance stands a person in good stead throughout life and can be used in case of emergencies during a life time by requesting a withdrawal or loan.